Name:
Location: Bay Area by way of the 619, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How reliable is your technique?

In my endless quest for martial arts reality and practicality, I have come across literally thousands of techniques. My question for you guys is: How reliable are your techniques? This is not about your style, or what you like to do. I am asking a legitimate question. See, a lot of times certain moves will work really well against someone from your own style. I have seen crescent kicks work well against other taekwondo practitioners. I have seen a double leg takedown do well against a fellow wrestler. But then again, I am always curious as to how well a person's technique would work against someone who fought with a different rhythm. Do your techniques adapt? Can you use them against a boxer, wrestler, sambo player, judoka, aikidoka and a kung fu student? If not, you may want to revisit your techniques. Some may need a little tweaking to work at maximum ability.

That is why I am such a fan of the basics. I have jabbed many types of martial artists, and it works. I have uppercutted, front kicked, roundhouse kicked, foot-swept and hip thrown all kinds of folks. We have all seen the maxim, but some people still dont heed it. K.I.S.S. Keep it short and simple. That is my rant for now. Peace out folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home