Name:
Location: Bay Area by way of the 619, United States

Thursday, March 01, 2012

I guess I need a a name for it

Folks,

As you know, I am very proud to be a Martial Artist. I am especially proud to be a Martial Artist raised in the methods of my father and uncle. I am almost equally proud to be totally devoid of any Kenpo/Kempo organizations or affiliations. I have been calling myself a Freestyle Kenpo teacher for years. That is gonna change a little bit. Myself and a couple of like-minded Kenpoists are calling our Kenpo collective R.F.K.K. That stands for Result Focused Kenpo Karate.

To be clear, this is NOT our own little offspring of any Kenpo that currently exists. We differ from any Parker/Tracy/Gaylord/Castro or Cerio Kenpo that I have ever seen. We have not founded our own style of Kenpo at all. But what we do is create a highly functional expression of Kenpo. As I have stated for almost 8 years on this blog, I have MAJOR issues with the disreputable expressions of Kenpo that have brought ridicule and mockery to our art. When people see RFKK methods, I think that the differences will become very clear very quickly.

RFKK will not be the newest trend to hit the Martial Arts scene. It will not become our attempt to commercialize what should remain traditional and dignified. It is just our way of giving back to the Martial Arts community. We seek to do that thing that Martial Arts were created to do, provide the most modern approaches to self defense that we can. If you would like to see a sample of it, check out on youtube "The ATACX GYM sword and hammer." You can thank me later. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home