Name:
Location: Bay Area by way of the 619, United States

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Forgiveness!

I know guys, I know. This is going to be a little different than most posts. I just heard a quote from Mark Twain that got me all introspective and stuff. This may not be verbatim, but here we go" Forgiveness is the fragrance that a violet yields to the heel that has crushed it." Kinda deep isnt it? I don't know why this struck such a chord with me. Actually I do. It is because that is something that I struggle with on a DAILY basis. Does this mean I walk around angry all of the time? Nope. Not at all. It just means that while some things have happened some time ago, they still stir strong emotion inside of me. I would be lying if I said that the emotion was NOT anger. It is. Bearing a grudge can be a horrible thing. Like someone wiser than myself said that "Bearing a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee." Later on, someone wiser than that said that bearing a grudge is like" drinking poison, and expecting the other person to die."

That said, I would hate for you guys to get caught up in all of that. If someone has wronged you, try to work it out. Even if it was a long time ago, try to work it out. It may not be easy. Personal growth rarely is. But for the good of your heart, spirit and soul, you have to give it a try it out. On your deathbed, it is unlikely that those issues will even matter. But until then, it can be like unloading a bag full of bricks. And isnt that so much better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home