Name:
Location: Bay Area by way of the 619, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2011

How often do you practice what you hate?

Folks,

I am back again. Oh wait......this is my blog. Anyhow, I want to know how often people make a concerted effort to practice the stuff that they do not enjoy doing. That means intentionally denying yourself your favorite techniques, and focus on your skills that are rusty, or just flat out suck. Examples? Sure, why not?

For 90% of everyone reading this, how often do you turn southpaw and do your techniques like that? I am proud to say that I do. I have better hand techniques with my strong side forward. Plus, it gives me a versatility that I can use to my advantage. People dont like fighing lefties, boxers call it the "South Paw Jinx." Marvin Hagler was a natural right hander who fought lefty. The amazing Judo Machine, Rhadi Ferguson is a lefty who grips right. Versatility is good folks!

Let me make it plain: For all you righties out there, can you throw a spinning hook kick with your left leg and land it? Can you throw a low-high roundhouse kick without your feet touching the ground? No? Why not? Where is your discipline in training? We preach it, we need to be able to do it.

Now lefties, there are almost not enough of you to talk about, but you know what I mean :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home