Name:
Location: Bay Area by way of the 619, United States

Monday, April 22, 2013

The end all be all?

Folks,
Oh how I have missed you. I am sorry that you  feel neglected. Just kidding, I dont think that I am that important. Anyhow I would like to reiterate something that I believe I have blogged about before. That is, remember WHY you train. I had a conversation with another "MMA guy" about realistic training. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time. We were talking about why it is that we train, and what we get out of it. I spoke mainly of mastery of self and an enrichment of life. He spoke mostly of KNOWING that his self defense techniques worked, as proven by the combatants in MMA competiton.
After a while of not seeing eye to eye on most of our topics, he hit me with a nugget of genius
(insert sarcasm of course) Well if we were to spar we would see who is the better MMA guy. Yes, he actually said MMA guy not mixed martial artist. I said see, THAT is where we differ, you consider an MMA competition to be the end all be all of martial arts efficacy. I consider the time I survived a knife attack with only 2 small slices to be the epitome of my skills. Or at least the expression of those skills. Folks you should train to preserve the life of yourself and loved ones, not to "kick arse" in sport competitions.
Later folks, the Simpsons are on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home